It's SNOWING so romantic!
This is the first blog with pics so hopefully it works well. I think I am actually very technologically advanced but I just haven't realised it yet!! How many other people could add pics to their blog hey?So the first three days that I was here it snowed. On Monday I went to Zürich to do a bit of shopping and look around. I thought I was rugged up enough in a tshirt, a long sleeved shirt, two jackets and a scarf. But actually I froze my butt off. On my way home I read in the paper that it was only 3degrees, hence the reason I was so cold. While I was walking home from the train
it started to snow. It was beautiful and I was totally amazed. Ofcourse last time I was here I saw it snow heaps but its still an amazing thing, especially coming from Australia!

On Tuesday morning when I woke up and looked out my bedroom window (which is on the top floor-only the best) everything was white. -The photo to the left was taken from my window- It was very romantic! Tuesday it cleared up and we thought that the might be the end, because it is not meant to be snowing in April!, but then again Tuesday night and all day Wednesday the snow continued! The first two days it was beautiful but by Wednesday I could not wait until Summer arrives! Only one month to go...the count down has already begun.
-The photo above is taken in our back garden infront of the pond-The only other thing that has happened and is worth talking about is my run with the ticket inspectors! In Switzerland train tickets are valid for 24 hours which is very good but means if you travel on transport in the morning with yesterdays ticket it may not be valid for your trip home. And unlike Mlebourne where you must go through the turnstiles before you can get on to the platform, here you simply walk on down. So I totally forgot to valid my ticket because I am so used to having a daily ticket, or else validating it on the actual tram. So I am sitting on the train without a valid ticket so naturally the ticket inspectors know this and come to find me. I played the dumb Australian tourist who had just arrived Zürich one day before, could speak no german and had no idea where I was meant to validate my ticket. She gave me a ticket anyway but told me to call a number and tell them my story and maybe they wouldn't fine me. Today I called them and told a nice man my story in the hope that he would say not to worry just don't do it again. Unfortunatley he didn't say this but he did lower the fine from 80francs to 30francs, which is wonderful for me. Only later did I question why I didn't give false information because I have no ID on me except my Australian license. But ofcourse I would never do that because I am a very good and abiding citizen!
I better go enjoy the snow...maybe build a snowman!!

<< Home